HomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

How do you know?

Go down 
AuthorMessage

How do you know? Empty
PostSubject: How do you know?   How do you know? EmptySun Dec 23, 2012 6:06 am

Since im new to all this I was curious as to how do you know what type of question to ask on an investigation?
Back to top Go down
CGordon
Admin

How do you know? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How do you know?   How do you know? EmptySun Dec 23, 2012 11:30 am

Although we will be covering the answer to this question in some of the training that we will be scheduling, I am glad to see that it has came up! it shows me where everyones thought process is!

There are really no set rules in the paranormal field as to what questions you would ask during an investigation. Many times for me, I start with a routine that I will share with everone for a guide and then you guys can adapt from there to your own methods. From my routine questions, I then move to Historical based questions. Those are the questions that would come from the research or from the claims described during the walk through. This is where Freddie and I are different in our styles. I like to know the claims and as much detail of the location as possible. Freddie on the other hand, would rather not know the claims, he wants to know the area of focus to see what he experiences. The differences in our styles is why I say there are no set rules, no person in the field investigates the same. And based on which style you adapt more toward will determine what questions you lean more toward.
~Christian~ clown clown clown
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dustin
Admin

How do you know? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How do you know?   How do you know? EmptySun Dec 23, 2012 1:39 pm

Myself I'm not sure what approach I would like to take yet. I'm not sure if I want to take Freddie's take on it with not knowing anything going into an investigation or if I would like Christians take on knowing the claims of the place that the investigation is occurring at. I guess that will we grow into our own styles.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.southmountainparanormal.com
Dustin
Admin

How do you know? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How do you know?   How do you know? EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 9:36 pm

So I think that I am going to take the " I don't want to know anything about the location approach". I think that it would be better to go in with a blank slate. I think that if I am told what goes on at the location I will only end up focusing on those area's instead of being open to everything that may happen. Thoughts??
Back to top Go down
CGordon
Admin

How do you know? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How do you know?   How do you know? EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 9:44 pm

I have tried it both ways, and this is just my preference! Everyone does it differently and that is the great thing about what we do!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dustin
Admin

How do you know? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How do you know?   How do you know? EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 10:00 pm

I will adapt to which ever style suits I guess. I just feel that if I know what is happening I will only end up focusing on those certain things. I want to be the best investigator possible.
Back to top Go down
Lauri aka Mama
Admin

How do you know? Empty
PostSubject: How Do you Know??   How do you know? EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 8:44 am

Regardless of the research found....not everything is always found in writing or hear say....it's that gut feeling you get when you are at a location that really helps. I've been on some investigations going in blind AND knowing. My preference is I like to know about the history, but I ALWAYS keep my mind open to the untold~ Shocked
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dustin
Admin

How do you know? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How do you know?   How do you know? EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 12:15 pm

I agree Lauri, this is something I know will develop over time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

How do you know? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How do you know?   How do you know? Empty

Back to top Go down

How do you know?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
South Mountain Paranormal Society :: Investigating/Investigations-
Jump to: